Curd Oats Recipe:
Oatmeal in seasoned yogurt. A good and healthy recipe for the hot summer days. This curd oats can be prepared under 25 minutes and is best to serve right away after preparing it. If you are into eating oats regularly, this may be for you. But this is not a low-fat recipe since a good amount of curd goes into making this. This recipe is a variation of the following Curd rice we make at home using a homemade curd recipe.
Any kind of oats just works well in this recipe. But I suggest using rolled supply6 oats and avoid instant or quick cook oats as they are more processed and the glycemic index is high.
A dish for any time of the day and extremely simple to make. South Indian style tempering takes this dish to the next level.
- 1 cup Supply6 Oats, quick or rolled
- 3/4+1/4 Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
- 6 to 8 Cashew nuts, chopped
- pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 8 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons Onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 6 to 8 Curry leaves
- 1 Green Chilli, slit
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- Cooking oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
How to make Curd Rice Style Oats Recipe
- To begin making the Curd Rice Style Oats, in a mixing bowl add supply6 oats, milk and 3/4 cup of yogurt and mix until combined.
- After soaking add remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, salt to taste, grated ginger, chopped onions, and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Now in a tadka pan, heat some oil add mustard seeds and let it crackle, add hing, jeera, peppercorns, urad dal, channa dal, and cashew nuts and cook on low heat stirring it in between to colour it evenly.
- Now add curry leaves, green chilli, and red chilli. Once done spoon the tadka onto the curd oats.
- You can also add pomegranate seeds, raisins, and even fresh grapes to enhance the taste.
- Serve Supply6 Curd Rice Style Oats on its own with any pickle.