Oats cooked in the Indian style – something like upma. Oats is all around today because of its nutrient level. I got bored of eating Oats with Milk pretty soon and that’s when I thought why not add some spices and turn it into Indian flavors.
The whole thing takes 5-6 min of your time, not a bad deal for something so healthy and under 200-250 Calories.
Ingredients for Masala Oats Recipe:
- Supply6 Rolled oats 2 cups
- Onion finely chopped 1 medium
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies finely chopped 1-2
- Tomato finely chopped 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 2 tablespoons
- Add Carrot and green peace.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and let their colour change.
Add green chillies and onion, mix well and sauté till the onion is golden.
Add tomato and salt, reduce heat, cover and cook for two to three minutes.
Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
Add Supply6 rolled oats, four cups water and cook for four to five minutes. Add one tablespoon coriander leaves and mix well.
Serve hot, garnished with the remaining coriander leaves