Oats cheela recipes have always been a traditional recipes and is typically prepared with besan or chickpea flour. but lately, there has been many variants of cheela recipes prepared with many other alternative ingredients. one such hugely popular, particularly in Indian cosmopolitan cities is oats cheela recipe. It has become popular because of the usage of oats and its health aspects, yet offers the taste in a conventional way. having said that, i personally like this pancake recipe compared to overnight oats or the combination of oats and milk for my breakfast. i do not prefer to have a cold or sweet breakfast and hence the oats cheela is an recommended alternative.
●2tbsprava / semolina / suji, fine
●2chilli, finely chopped
●½tspcumin / jeera, crushed
●2tbsponion, finely chopped
●2tbsptomato, finely chopped
●olive oil, for roasting
2. Roast until the oats turn crisp.
3. Cool the oats completely and blend to a fine powder without adding any water.
4. Transfer the powdered oats into a large mixing bowl.
5. Also, add 2 tbsp rava for binding.
6. Now add ¼ cup curd and 1 cup water.
7. Whisk and mix make smooth lump free batter.
8. Additionally, add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 chili, ½ tsp crushed cumin.
9. Also add 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp tomato and ½ tsp salt.
10. Mix well forming thick flowing consistency chilla batter. Further, pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot
tawa and spread gently.
11. Pour ½ tsp of olive oil over cheela.
12. Cover and allow cooking on a medium flame for a minute.
13. Now flip the cheela and cook both sides pressing gently.